Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Dream of Kings


I read a book when I was in jail, an amazing story, if not quiet and obscure. I do not recall the name of the book, or the author, unfortunately... but this, below, are the notes I wrote in my cell, some thoughts I took from it. 

______

Words are cruel, words play tricks, they distort what is in the heart. They conceal the heart- the heart speaks through silence. One learns of the pain of others by suffering one's own pain... by turning inside one's self... by finding one's own soul.

It is important to know of pain.

It destroys our self-pride, our arrogance, our indifference towards others. It makes us aware of how frail and tiny we are, and of how much we must depend upon the Master of the universe.

"How will I teach him to want to take on another person's suffering? A leader must take their pain from them and carry it on his own shoulders. He must cry, in his heart he must always cry. 

How strong, to carry this burden?

To be a mind, without a soul, what ugliness it is. 

To leave your mark on the world as honor, and not intellect. 

To find riches is a beggar's dream... but to find love is the dream of Kings.





No comments:

Post a Comment