Thursday, September 8, 2011

BANG



I read a blogger today who talked a lot about women... but the guy had no heart. He was a pick-up artist, a self-proclaimed loser during younger days, now making up for it by running around getting all the tail he can, and doing pretty well with it.

Girls are just a ‘bang’ to him, which is why he titled his book thusly.

Bang.

Is that all you are?


Sadly, that’s all he is, just as he considers his conquests as nothing more.

The guy had no heart. I was shocked to learn that he had a sister that he professed to care deeply about. Most guys have the sense to make that connection well enough to recognize that girls are also people, human beings, and treating them essentially as though their personhood is of no relevance or value at all... defies common sense, as well as any sense of decency. Or reciprocity. Since he was an atheist, maybe he does regard himself as irrelevant as well as the girls. Or all-important.

Seems like he would tell you that hearts are for suckers. Falling in love is a joke, a physiological trick, a curse to be overcome. Know anyone like that?

Really, what are your thoughts about love?

Do you value it? Do you even believe it exists... or is it a hoax completely?

This guy, he was so cold. So cruel. So heartless. I think he may have also suffered that one effect that promiscuous people don’t expect, but eventually discover- you start to hate the opposite sex. Oh, you’ll still sleep with them, but the idea of love fades out and you are empty, as though your heart poured all out. Restoration can be hard to find.


Some might say that a heart is only a fleshy organ in your chest, nothing more. Others say that there is nothing more important than the condition of our hearts, in some spiritual manner, and there is nothing greater than love.

This guy I read today, he would call a guy in love a ‘chump’. Acting like you have a heart, or love in your heart, won’t get you laid, he says. You end up like some Beta Male who has no game and is generally needy. It does seem, perhaps, that love can make us needy, in the sense that when we get a good deep taste of it, it’s a drug like no other, and we definitely need more.

Or perhaps it’s our needs that drive our love, drive us to be loving first, hoping to see the same sentiments in response to your loving behavior. 

Both kinds being selfish, but the ‘give-first’ approach is the only one that genuinely works.

Anyway, what these heartless people often come to realize is that being heartless is not good. It feels empty, and becomes like a great yawning cavern of emptiness, no feeling... and deep isolation.

I guess some people become heartless when they have been hurt too much, and some people become so preemptively, discarding notions of love as antiquated foolishness here in our modern times of a new age.


It grieves me to see so many people grow so cold. 


Tell me this- how much of your outlook on love, and matters of the heart,

 is connected to your spiritual beliefs?


If you slay your own conscience, do you not slay yourself?

13 comments:

  1. My outlook on love is connected to my spiritual beliefs...saying that I believe it helps me tremendously to follow the Bible and all that it teaches on love (marriage). Recently married, I know it's a daily reaffirmation of my relationship to God first and to my husband second. If I obey God's teachings, that positive healthy relationship can't help but influence my marriage by daily encouragement toward my husband and the support he needs from me ...this is like passing it on...if I am striving to be all I can be, he can't help but feel that energy and be even better himself. So yes, my outlook on love starts with my spiritual beliefs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see both sides. I've seen heartless guys pick up some really good looking women while those same women passed me up. In the end I figure they both deserve one another. Because only a woman with no self worth would go out with someone like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand how people who have been hurt can become somewhat jaded towards love. I think I've only really been in love a couple of times in my life and the last time is still affecting me. But I imagine eventually I'll get over her and I'll move on and try again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ally... I think that its difficult for those without some kind of faith to feel grounded in a genuine love... without mine, love would very much be a myth, a man-made suggestion.. but a godless world just doesn't ring true with me...

    @Miles... you are quite right sir... but I think the point that many miss is that its possible to be an upstanding man, even a powerful Alpha male, and still have a good heart... I would even go so far as to say that any man who is cold and heartless cannot possibly be an Alpha male, as he is too fearful internally to risk himself beyond the superficial.. and thats no man at all, the way I see it

    @Christopher... Yeah man, you have to take the pain, and grieve it... but we must not shrink from pain so much that we stop loving as a protection... guard your heart, but don't shut it down...

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my pain, I have isolated myself and pushed any possibilities of love away. I became jaded and cynical and let in some people who should not be in. Not that they're bad, but it's mechanical...no emotional connection and therefore, unfulfilling. I do thank God for revealing this to me, for bringing healing and restoration to me and guiding me in the right path. The darkness is a scary place to be when you're all alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @yvelise... well said. A life without love is terribly unfulfilling... and I can't help but think that those who can't see that have bought into a sad and terrible lie...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been my experience that when I fall in love with someone, a deeper sense of spirituality comes naturally. I find myself wanting to bring God into the relationship. If I've been dating someone for a while and that element is missing, it's a clear sign to me that a lot more is missing too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Pamela... excellent, strong comment. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. while i will admit to bein jaded, and terribly hurt.. and i grant that love could possibly be a good thing, for me at least, the possible repercussions of bein in love with the wrong man yet again are not worth it... i'll stick with lovin my kids.. and lickin the wounds, for however long i need to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Billie

    I do understand, Billie. Life and love can deliver some painful moments.. sometimes we have to just rest a while...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy to see you blogging, Sammy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. " Sometimes we just need to rest a while"... I hear ya.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Deep SAM!! Love your profoundness. I my body I have to say all three are connected. My spirituality ruled my mind and heart. My heart loves and my head creates the love and acts upon it.. They all go hand in hand.. I am old fashioned when I am in love. My man is the MAN. I serve and I pamper. I have a mind and an opinion of course, but I treat him like the King he is of the home. Of course my last man was wonderful until he changed his mind then he was like the man you wrote of, and that was quite painful and left me bereft. I did not know he had a long history of jumping from relationship tp relationship.. I was blinded by the love. However I healed and I did the research - guys like that suffer from NPD. Narcissistic Personality Disorder. They can only be seen in a good light. Inflated.. never deflated, and if you ask them something they take personally; that is deflation to them. They have no empathy or conscience.. no compassion, therefore the cruel heartless nature when they seek what they want. Its a defense mechanism.. so no one can hurt them. Often they are overly sensitive and build this defense mechanism up so they don't get hurt. They're are in control.. On to the next~

    ReplyDelete